*Note: This site is optimised for Internet Explorer 7 /Firefox 1.5.02 & above.*

SurF tHis SitE RaNdoMly

What to eat in Kuantan: Western food at East Grill Steak House

>> Saturday, May 28, 2016

Which resident in Kuantan has not heard of East Grill Steak House? If you happen to visit Kuantan, just ask around any Kuantan residents & they'll be able to tell you more about the food here at this established restaurant.

For the many years that I've studied, visited & stayed in Kuantan, I've only been here once in the year 2009! *oh what a shame....* I don't even remember dining here...seems like it's been too long ago :P It's only when I did a search online that I found my own blog post popping up...ahahahaha....my poor memory...

East Grill Steak House is one of the more well-known western food restaurants in town. I was there with C2 on a Friday for lunch & the place started getting packed by 12:30p.m. (I think that's the normal Kuantan lunch hour?). People of all races were dining here, enjoying their meal together with family members & friends. The restaurant serves quite a variety of local/fusion food as well for those who don't fancy western food.

Set Lunch C - Deep-Fried Chicken & Fish Fillet with Chips, served with Black Pepper Sauce (RM19.90/serving before GST)
I just wanted something simple, quick & hassle-free for a weekday lunch, so I ordered their set lunch, which comes with a glass of 100 Plus. Frankly speaking, it's not that cheap, but it's not too bad for the price & portion. As for taste, I've no major complains. It's not the best chicken chop nor fish & chips, but it's acceptable. I just didn't like the buttered corn side dish as it was soft instead of crisp.

Set Lunch C comes with a piece of chicken, a piece of fish & a 'slice' of fish cracker. A somewhat strange combination, but it's SO Kuantan...hahahaha....

Set Lunch D - Baked Salmon with Worcestershire Sauce, served with Baked Wedges (RM25.90/serving before GST)
When it was served in front of C2, the 1st thought that came to us was, "The portion's so small for the price paid!" & the 2nd thought was "My, my...looks so 'healthy'...." Taste was quite nice & the fish was baked perfectly; it wasn't dry. We just felt that it's kinda expensive for a set lunch, although yeah, perhaps the price of salmon has gone up? *shrugs* It's certainly something different as it's our 1st time trying baked salmon with Worcestershire sauce.

Busy lunch hour business 

We left around 2:00p.m. & it was still busy 

The restaurant opens for both lunch & dinners. I've yet to try their steak here since it's a "steak house". I'll be back someday to give it another try. I think throughout the years, the quality, price & portion may have declined, but Kuantan doesn't have that many varieties to offer, so I guess places like this will still survive as long as the food doesn't taste bad.



East Grill Steak House
B62, Jalan Air Putih
Taman Sentosa Baru
25300, Kuantan
Pahang Darul Makmur
Malaysia.
Tel: (+609) 567 6190
Business hours: I can't recall, but I think it's 12:00p.m, - 3:00p.m. & 6:00p.m. onwards for dinner. I just recalled seeing some 'split shift' business hours.


I'll be back to try their steak,

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP