*Note: This site is optimised for Internet Explorer 7 /Firefox 1.5.02 & above.*

SurF tHis SitE RaNdoMly

What to eat in Kuantan: Mustafa Cendol & Rojak

>> Friday, May 20, 2016

I love rojak with soft, warm, potatoes & crispy, chewy prawn puffs (cucur)! When you're in Kuantan, this is one place that you could get your fix of a good rojak & a bowl of ice-cool cendol :)

Claimed to serve the "Best Rojak in Kuantan", the Mustafa Cendol stall along Jalan Teluk Sisek is constantly full of hungry diners or just tea-time cravers.



On that day when I was there, it was an extremely hot day & the place was packed, so sitting there to satisfy my rojak craving will only cause my body to feel terribly drenched with sweat. As such, I just ordered a take-away rojak & didn't bother with the cendol since it'll melt before I get back to the car...hahaha...but I've posted a short paragraph about the cendol from this stall years ago. You can check out the blog post here.


What I like about the rojak here (I haven't found any other rojak in Kuantan yet, so I can't really say if this is the "best rojak" to me) apart from the existence of the potatoes & 'cucur' is the balanced flavors of spicy, savory & sweet peanut-base rojak sauce. The best part about this sauce is that it's served hot/warm! Super yums! You don't get warm rojak sauce at many rojak stalls, so this was really satisfying to me.


Each serving of rojak comes with half a hard-boiled egg, shredded cucumbers & turnip/sengkuang, prawn 'crackers', fried-dried-beancurd, potatoes, chewy prawn puffs, & crunchy coconut & flour balls. You can also add yellow noodles/mee and/or deep-fried chicken to your rojak for a more complete meal.


Contact details 

Prices of cendol & other drinks available

Prices of food

I had the rojak ayam/ rojak with deep-fried chicken that day. I prefer my rojak with added noodles or chicken as it gives another layer of texture & taste to the dish.

Rojak Ayam (RM6.50/serving or RM6.80/take-away)


Tempted? I'm craving for rojak now as well! :P


Mustafa Cendol
Jalan Teluk Sisek
25000 Kuantan
Pahang Darul Makmur
Malaysia.
Tel: (+6016) 9398384/(+6016) 9393108/ (+609) 5177786 - for reservations/catering orders
FB: https://www.facebook.com/mustafacendol
GPS: 3.8157877,103.3420582


Ratings:
Presentation (does it look mouth-watering): * * *
Price (is it affordable - more stars = YES): * * *
Environment (is the place comfortable, cosy, clean, pleasant): * * 1/2
Taste (is the food delicious, worth coming back for more): * * * 1/2
Service (are the service providers friendly, efficient, polite): * * *


Overall:






Wondering if this is the best rojak in Kuantan,

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP