*Note: This site is optimised for Internet Explorer 7 /Firefox 1.5.02 & above.*

SurF tHis SitE RaNdoMly

What to eat in Kuantan: Dessert & Main Meals at The Dessert Shop

>> Thursday, May 26, 2016

Hello, dear readers! I'll put a pause on the topic of curry noodles for now so that you'll find out more food options available in Kuantan :)

Today, I'll share about The Dessert Shop at Air Putih. This shop specializes in desserts, especially Chinese-style tong sui. They also offer other types of desserts like the mini chocolate fondue, puddings & ice-cream/shaved ice desserts.


The shop is constantly filled with hungry & dessert-craving diners. I was here during lunch hour on a Friday & my, my, the place was packed!


My friend, C2 & I weren't exactly here for their dessert, but for their main dishes since it was lunch. Yup, they have quite an extensive variety of main dishes to pair with their desserts as well :) During lunch & dinner hours, they have set meals, where you'll get a main dish & a drink or dessert of choice from the set menu.


Although the set meals menu didn't have a very long list of dishes featured, I was quite indecisive since it's my 1st time having lunch here :D In the end, I decided to give their "Dessert Shop Signature Tomato Noodles" a try, while C2 had the Fresh Prawn Noodle Soup.

I ordered the tau foo fa, while C2 ordered a glass of soya bean
Their tau foo fa was acceptable. It's not as smooth as my aunt's home-made version (and can't really compare to some of my favorite stalls back in PJ), but it was good enough to satisfy my craving for a bowl of tau foo fa. The syrup was unfortunately not the ginger syrup nor the brown gula Melaka syrup as well.

C2's Fresh Prawn Noodles Soup (RM8.50/serving as part of set lunch with a dessert)
At 1st sight, I wasn't impressed. I won't put such high hopes for a dessert shop to serve excellent prawn noodles...hahaha. I find it lacking in 'prawn essence'. 'Nuf said? ;) And oh, I think there's no pork? Ok, 'nuf said..hehe...

Dessert Shop Signature Tomato Noodles (RM8.50/serving as part of set lunch with a dessert)
I have to say that this was delicious! It made me miss my grandpa's "ketchup meehoon" a lot *boohoo* The Dessert Shop pan-fried the Sg. Lembing noodles before 'bathing' it with a sweet, savory, slightly acidic tomato sauce with eggs, vegetables, chicken & fish cakes. I was pleased with their signature noodles & won't mind having it again :) I'm quite picky when it comes to tomato noodles as I don't like those that are too sweet, too sour or those that lack the taste of tomato sauce. This was just nice.

Other dishes available on their menu

Loads of desserts!

I'll be back to try their desserts someday soon although frankly speaking, I'm no sweet tooth...hahaha. I just love baking & making desserts (I miss spending time to do such things!), but not so much of eating them :D


The Dessert Shop
A225, Tingkat Bawah, Jalan Air Putih
25300 Kuantan
Pahang Darul Makmur
Malaysia.
Tel: (+609) 560 5636
Business hours: 11:30a.m. - 11:30p.m. daily except Tuesdays
GPS: 3.8356317,103.3345967


Ratings:
Presentation (does it look mouth-watering): * * *
Price (is it affordable - more stars = YES): * * *
Environment (is the place comfortable, cosy, clean, pleasant): * * *
Taste (is the food delicious, worth coming back for more): * * *
Service (are the service providers friendly, efficient, polite): * * *


Overall:






A place for good variety of dessert & main meals,

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP