*Note: This site is optimised for Internet Explorer 7 /Firefox 1.5.02 & above.*

SurF tHis SitE RaNdoMly

Family Gathering

>> Saturday, July 4, 2009

Date: 30 June 2009, Tuesday
Venue: Sea Park
Occasion: Grandma's 5th-Death Anniversary cum Family Gathering

The family gathered together after quite some time of "silence". It was my grandma's 5th-death anniversary, so my aunt called for a dinner together. The food were all home-cooked by different aunts & were all delicious! I even tapau-ed the fried rice for lunch the next day as everyone was so full after the lavish yet humble dinner :)


Fried Glass Noodles (Tong Fun)
This is classic...nostalgic! I haven't had this for AGES!!! *drools* Aunty CT does this best. Fried glass noodles go very well with chicken, shrimp, cabbage, & coriander (yim sai). I wish I could eat more of it, but I was so full after trying out every dish, even in small portions! Of course, I'm also trying to tell myself to not eat too much/over-eat as I am putting on too much unnecessary weight :S

Chicken Curry & Wholemeal Bread
The curry was very nice, but it was SO spicy! *faints* Almost all of us struggled when we ate this dish by aunty Mary, but all of us enjoyed it nonetheless :D Aunty Mary, next time put less chilli/pepper ya? :D

Fried Rice with Chinese Sausages, BBQ Pork, Shrimp, & Egg
Three word - "to die for". I'm a fan of fried rice. Give me good fried rice & you'll have a happy-bunny in Ruth :P *nyam nyam nyam*

Garden Salad
Fresh lettuce, fresh tomatoes, fresh carrots...all fresh! Really...the vegetables were so fresh (bought from the market that morning itself), that it made the salad SO simple, yet SO nice to dig in....You don't even need any dressing for the salad...just eat the sweet, juicy vegetables!

Pickled Pineapples & Cucumbers
This is an extremely simple dish, but indescribably appetizing! All you need is just pineapples, cucumbers, a bit of salt, sugar, & lemon juice! *aahhh....*

Hungry Cousins
Both my cousins were prepared to move to the table as soon as my aunts say "start"...lol!

The Dinner/Food Table
This "scene" was when my aunts first called for the dinner to begin...of course, after this, the whole kitchen was more crowded with the family members :)

Ruth Wong is willing to drive all the way from Cyberjaya to Sea Park just for a gathering with family & of course, the good home-cooked food. Ah...I look forward to more of these :P


- Ruth

1 comments:

Rowan July 6, 2009 at 11:39 PM  

Wow...I don't know why, but the fried rice looks the best! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP