*Note: This site is optimised for Internet Explorer 7 /Firefox 1.5.02 & above.*

SurF tHis SitE RaNdoMly

Belly Good, Dataran Mentari, Sunway

>> Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Date: 10 July 2009 (yet another overdue post!*wergh*)
Venue: Belly Good Restaurant, Dataran Mentari, Bandar Sunway
Occasion: Dinner with STheng & Kenneth
Overall comment: Nice ambiance & pretty delicious pork dishes. The pork belly that I had was lovely!
Halal: No

It was a rare occasion where I could just meet up with Kenneth for a meal. It has been AGES since I last met him! Nice :) Theng & I decided on this place as it was better than having the usual steamboat buffets. Pork is good! *drools*

I've heard 'bout this place from another blogger some time time ago (can't remember who! I think it's Bangsar-babe), so I thought it'll be worth a try to really find out how it tastes. Not too bad, really :) I'm quite satisfied with it. It's certainly not the best, but for the price you pay & the portion you get, plus the taste of the food served, it's all worth the eat ;) Do try it out one day!



Display of porkilicious sausages & other pork dishes


Iced Coffee with Vanilla Ice Cream (RM9.50/glass)

Baked Portobello Mushrooms with Bacon & Cheese (RM12.50/serving)
- Imported mushrooms with melted cheese & chopped bacon -
Quite delicious as the mushrooms were fragrant & juicy as well. The bacon made the mushroom very flavorful, while the cheese gave a sense of satisfaction to the gastronomic experience.

Sausage Platter (RM26.90/serving)
- Three types of sausages: pork chorizo, pork oriental, & spicy Hungarian, served with fries & Thai chili sauce -
Never underestimate these sausages. It's very filling! I like the way the sausages were nicely cooked - it's crispy on the outside, tender on the inside :) *yums*

Mixed Platter (RM23.90/serving)
- Grilled pork belly & pork ribs bathed in the House Special Rib/Belly Sauce, accompanied by mash & coleslaw -
The meat was tender & juicy - just nice; not overdone :) The sauce is kinda interesting...it's sweet & slightly savory, and it felt as if there's some fruit base for the sauce. This is one sauce where I just can't decipher what are the possible ingredients! Oh yes, the mash was really delicious too....*lip smacking*



Ratings:

Presentation: * * * *
Price: * * *
Environment: * * * 1/2
Taste: * * * 1/2
Service: * * * 1/2


Overall:






- Ruth

13 comments:

J2Kfm July 28, 2009 at 11:15 PM  

rather reasonable. one of the must-try on my list, for so long now ....sigh.
novelty's running low liao.

but they could've served with sausage platter with mashed potatoes. or wedges. or thick cut fries.

cant bear the sight of supermarket crinkle-cut fries lah...

Frat Mustard July 28, 2009 at 11:25 PM  

Nice one perutbesi! That day I saw someone call you periukbesi :P

@surechoon, @rokh ... come LARRRR!!!! Scared ah... diet over by July.

jason July 29, 2009 at 6:23 PM  

The mushrooms looked so big O_o

superwilson July 29, 2009 at 6:35 PM  

i loved the sausages and the ribs there...

PerutBesi July 29, 2009 at 11:27 PM  

->J2Kfm: Yeap, it's not THAT expensive considering the portion served. Taste isn't too bad as well...go try it out la....plus, I think u can request for the sausage platter to be served with mash. Doubt they'll mind. If they do, complain!! *lol*

->Frat Mustard: Thanks, Frat!! And who dare call me periukbesi???!! Grrr...sounds SO unpleasant esp when pronounced in Cantonese "teet pou"....eeeeee.....if u're going there to makan, ajak me juga!! :D

->jason: Not big la :( I saw an even bigger one! Just ONE mushroom...wanted that le, & thought I would get that. Cis. Came out 2 medium-sized portobellos only. Bah.

->superwilson: Hey! Bila only will jumpa u again la? Jom gi makan one day lo! :D

choi yen July 30, 2009 at 11:04 AM  

I love sausages!!!

jOey July 30, 2009 at 1:18 PM  

i thought we have been there before? somewhre earlier this year? hrm, or, just 4 of us..

agree their food is quite nice.. you know jarrod and rawlins.. ? they serve similar food.. i prefer j&R.. yUms... drools..

PerutBesi July 31, 2009 at 12:05 AM  

->mimid3vils: Hello there! The sausages are indeed quite good, but it's not the best la ;) Worth-trying out though...the sausage platter is VERY filling!

->JOey: Hey there! Which joey are u...? Ong LC? :D It's my 1st time there la...I think u went without me :(

HC July 31, 2009 at 8:37 AM  

Joey, last time we went with Yo and Wen. Just 4 of us. I think Ruth can't make it tat time :P

rokh August 6, 2009 at 8:02 PM  

looks good! always wanted to try after all the blogger's recommendations but have never get around to it. now with you thumbs up sign...I must soon! *hint to Frat, Lisa and Ruth - after work dinner one of these days?*

PerutBesi August 6, 2009 at 9:44 PM  

->rokh: Rach! Our pan mee dinner is still pending!!!

Zen June 13, 2010 at 12:00 PM  

It was an unpleasant dining experience for me and my friend @ Belly Good. The serving was small and the owner who took our order wasn't a nice guy either.
Basically, we booked several tables for 30 person and on that morning before the dinner, he called and said he wanted to cancel the reservation because of some stupid excuses related to his own profit (something about lots of students coming in and sharing food instead of ordering one meal per pax resulting in lower business profit).
If you are unwilling to do our business, then do not accept the reservation and cancel it last minute. Such an unethical businessman.
On that night itself, I don't get why the owner seemed so stressed about trying to rush the food out. Why can't he wait till everyone is seated before taking orders. In the end, we had to be rude to other guests who arrived later by eating first as the food was there and no point waiting until the food is cold. The serving is very small (3 sticks of ribs instead of a row) and the baby back rib that I've ordered, doesn't seems to be a baby ribs at all. At RM29.90 (yes, they increased the price without updating their website), it is definitely not worth it. I could have gotten a 2 course meal at TGI Fridays for that price.
Another observation of mine was the kitchen. Located in the dining area, the kitchen was an unpleasant sight. The frying pan is abused to the max. I suspect it used to be a non-stick pan, but the coating on the middle is entirely gone, only the side still appear coated. So what have they been serving their customers? Teflon coated pasta? Ewwww....they can't even invest in a proper aluminium or cast iron cookware that will last longer.
All I want to say is, avoid that place at all cost. There are many other places for pork lovers. There were more unhappy events that occurred that night, but I do not wish to mention it anymore but it has something to do with mistake during ordering and lost of temper.

PerutBesi June 13, 2010 at 11:24 PM  

->~Z3n-X3Rn~: I'm sorry to hear that ur dining experience there wasn't pleasant at all :( I was there a year ago, so I've no idea if things have changed & how good or bad the restaurant has become.

No doubt there are many more pork-dishes places...the latest that I've tried, which was good, was at Sanbanto@SS2, PJ. It's on my blog as well, so check it out ;)

If you want something cheap & good for students, Nambawan@Old Klang Road will be something that I will always recommend! It's a lil cosy, home-cook like meal place, but for the price you pay, it's worth eating :) It's also on my blog.

Hope these recommendations are helpful to u! Thanks for dropping by my blog :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP