*Note: This site is optimised for Internet Explorer 7 /Firefox 1.5.02 & above.*

SurF tHis SitE RaNdoMly

Summer Soiree by Haagan Dazs

>> Monday, July 27, 2009

*finally some time to update this post! I've uploaded the pics that I took with the comments!!- 27 July 2009*

*****
Date: 16 July 2009, Thursday
Venue: Concourse, Ground Floor, Bangsar Village II
Time: 7:30p.m. (but started only around 8:00p.m.)
Dress Code: Summer Colors
Occasion: Celebration of food & fashion with Haagan Dazs' new flavor, Apricot & Cream

A group of us food bloggers were invited to this special event by Haagan Dazs. Thanks to Bangsar-Babe who forwarded the invitation to me (and I guess some of the others as well), we got to attend this event :) Special thanks also to Regina Robin, PR Consultant from Pat-Lin Communications Sdn Bhd, for the invitation.

I haven't had the time to sort out all the photos taken at the event (those from my camera), so I'm just gonna share with all of you a preview of what happened at the event through photos curteosy of Jek Tan/Frat Mustard.

(written on 22 July 2009)

Here's what we're treated to:


The newly introduced "Apricot & Cream" ice-cream
Nice, firm, not too sweet, a lil zesty, creamy & has apricot bits kinda refreshing dessert that will cool you down on a hot day ;)

Eager Frat
Frat was too eager to dunk into the delicious & lucious ice cream...

Some savory finger food


Some sweet finger food

Fashion show - Apricot & Cream Collection
15 summer dresses/apparels desgined by 3 young designers were showcased on that night. Here are 2 photos of the models/dresses...we didn't get the front seats as they were all reserved for the media...



More photos taken by Ruth!








Celebrity shot ;)

I managed to get Elaine to take a pic with me...darn, I feel like a rice bucket when I stand next to her...round round wan :(

On the overall, the event was successful. Everyone was quite satisfied with the ice cream served & we even had small bites of finger food served...but foodies like us won't get full with those :P After spending half an hour eating that ONE scoop of ice cream and less than 4 finger food items, I joined the rest of the gang for 'dinner' at Alexis...the fellowship/catch-up that I had with Christopher C, who came as my partner for the event & the dinner sessions with Jek, Rach, BabeKL, & Captain Hook was lovely :)


Dinner at Alexis, Bangsar

Seafood Spaghetti
Quite an interesting packaging...they wrapped it up like some 'ta-pau-ed' noodles & cut the pack open for a delicious, steaming-hot pasta meal! :) Taste was ok la...not excellent :)

Tiramisu with Strawberry Sauce
I thought it was a lil dry...taste wise was alright...I still miss the Berry Meringue that I had last time! *drools*


I'm looking forward to more food events!!! Bring more excitement to my life! *woohoo!!*


- Ruth

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP