*Note: This site is optimised for Internet Explorer 7 /Firefox 1.5.02 & above.*

SurF tHis SitE RaNdoMly

Review: Restoran Angcle Peoh

>> Sunday, August 30, 2015

Overall comment: One of the best asam laksa that I've tasted...and oh, the duck egg fried kuey teow was really delicious too!
Halal: No

You may wonder why the strange spelling of the restaurant name, eh? I was wondering the same when I first heard of this place 'til I read the story on the wall of the restaurant :D How interesting! Read on!







This restaurant has been around for about a year. I was there during brunch & the crowd that trickled in for lunch was "wow"! It's tucked in the busy area of Bandar Bukit Tinggi 2, Klang, which makes its competition even stiffer. To survive & do really well in such an area needs a restaurant to serve some really good food. On that same road itself, I noticed 3 Penang food restaurants, but I reckon Angcle Peoh's truly stands out among the rest.


The lunch crowd on a Saturday

Here's to share with you what I've tried that morning:

Winter Melon with Aloe Vera & Basil Seed Cold (RM4.90/glass)
Refreshing drink to quench your thirst & especially great if you think the asam laksa is spicy for you.

Angcle Peoh himself preparing bowls of delectable asam laksa  

Asam Laksa (RM6.90/serving)
I actually enjoyed Angle Peoh's asam laksa as it has the right balance of sour, spicy, sweet & savory. It's not too sour nor too spicy, which was just the way I liked it. The soup had generous portions of fish in it, prawn paste & also onions, lettuce & mint leaves. Very well balanced, I must say. Oh, noodles weren't stingy in portion as well :)

Penang Fried Kuey Teow with Duck Egg (RM8.90/serving or RM6.90 with chicken egg)
I was really delighted to find that the kuey teow used are the thinner strands of kuey teow! Fragrant with sufficient garlic, duck egg & chili to give it an extra kick. The best part - it has enough "wok hei"/"wok-fire"! One of the best Penang char kuey teow too!

Fried Tom Yam Mee (RM9.90/serving)
Oooo...fried tom yam Vit's noodles?? I LOVED IT! Sourish, slightly sweet, slightly spicy, slightly savory...another well-balanced dish. The amount of seafood on this plate of noodles was also generous & perfectly cooked (the squid didn't feel like rubber/over-cooked!). "Umph!" - wok hei, flavor & all.

Penang Fried Hokkien Noodles (RM8.90/serving)
 This is my 2nd time tasting the Penang Fried Hokkien Noodles in Selangor. I don't come across such a dish often nor do I order this when I come across any...haha...lacking confidence, I guess. Despite having no/less dark soy sauce, this dish was pretty tasty. It has the fragrance of pork lard, which elevates a simple, classic dish to the next level.

Cendol (RM5.00/serving)
Who doesn't fancy authentic Penang cendol? Their cendol fell below par in my humble opinion as it was slightly too rich with coconut milk & the cendol was slightly hard. Overall, it was still delicious compared to the many so-called Penang cendol in Selangor.

This restaurant serves other delightful Penang favorites as well as some classic Chinese noodle dishes like pork noodles (my family loved it!). You'll find the classic Penang prawn noodles, Penang rojak, Penang Hokkien mee/prawn mee, Penang white curry mee, nasi lemak & nasi lemak ayam merah. 

Angcle Peoh's restaurant is opening its next branch at Kota Kemuning next month!! You have to try their Asam Laksa & Penang Fried Kuey Teow to the very least. I'm really looking forward to the opening of their new branch as it'll be nearer to where I stay :D Woohoo! Good Penang food nearby! *dance dance*


Restoran Angcle Peoh
42, Lorong Batu Nilam 21B
Bandar Bukit Tinggi 2
41200 Klang
Selangor Darul Ehsan.
Tel: (+6017) 9362 2223
Business hours: Opens daily 9:00a.m. to 9:00p.m.
FB: https://www.facebook.com/angclepeoh


Craving for good Penang food again,

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP