*Note: This site is optimised for Internet Explorer 7 /Firefox 1.5.02 & above.*

SurF tHis SitE RaNdoMly

Home-Made: Pork Sliders

>> Thursday, June 19, 2014

I seem to surprise myself every now & then with my little experiments in the kitchen! *yay* For those who know me well, you'll know how much I love experimenting on cooked & baked dishes with whatever I can find in my fridge/freezer/cupboards.

It's rare that I will head out to the supermarket/market just to buy ingredients according to a recipe. I 'put-together' my own recipe with whatever knowledge that I have!

Of course I do not have 100% success rate when I cook or bake. Without any formal training/classes in cooking nor baking, I think I'll give myself a passing mark for being able to cook up edible & many times, delectable dishes :P *self-praise*

This time around, I have the ingredients below that made just the perfect pork sliders for my own lunch. Mind you, measurements may not be accurate. I go by the 'agak-agak' feel...


Equipments needed:
Non-stick frying pan + spatula/"wooden wok chan"
Oven
Dinner-sized plates

Ingredients for the slider/mini burger:
Mini buns, halved or at least opened halfway [I used potato buns]
Carrots, grated/thin slices
1 tbsp cooking oil

Ingredients for the pork patties:
Approximately 400g of minced pork
2 - 3 tbsp of barbecue sauce [I used Kraft's Mesquite Smoke BBQ sauce]
2 tsp corn starch
1 tsp chopped parsley [you can use dry ones like I did]
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp soya sauce
1 tbsp basil [you can use dry ones like I did]
1 tsp chili powder mix [for some heat; optional]
1/2 egg white

Ingredients for caramelized onions:
1 medium-sized red/yellow onion, sliced thinly
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp oil/butter
1/2 cup water

Directions:
1. The 1st thing to prepare will be the minced pork. Combine all the ingredients for the pork patties as above.
2. Mix all the ingredients well. Set it aside.
3. Next, you'll have to prepare the caramelized onions. Heat up the frying pan with the 1 tbsp of cooking oil/butter
4. When the pan is slightly heated up, lower the flame & add the onions.
5. Add the sugar to the onions & stir-fry 'til the onions brown.
6. As I prefer my onions to be soft, I added some water, little by little, to soften the onions.
7. Stir-fry 'til the onions are soft & there isn't any more water on the pan (you shouldn't be having onions + gravy/soup).
8. Remove the onions from the pan onto a bowl/plate. Set it aside.


9. Makes balls from the minced pork, large enough for your buns.
10. With the pan still hot, add in the 1 tbsp of cooking oil.
11. Place the slightly flattened balls of meat patties onto the hot frying pan. (ensure that the pan is not too hot, else your patties will burn)

 
12. Places a lid/cover over the frying pan so that the top of the patties will get steamed/cooked as well.
13. In the meantime, heat up the oven to 150 - 190C.
14. Turn the patties when the bottom turns brown, approximately 2 - 3 minutes.
15. Fry the patties 'til it turns brown on both sides.
16. Remove from the pan & place it onto a baking tray (I usually lay the tray with a piece of aluminum foil so that it's easier to clean the tray after that).
17. Place the patties into the oven to continue cooking for another 8 minutes. This will help to ensure that the patties are cooked inside out. You won't want to bite into raw minced pork.
18. While the patties are in the oven, quickly clean the frying pan from all the meat bits & place the buns on the pan to slightly toast them.
19. Remove the toasted buns from the pan & place onto a clean plate.


20. Remove the patties from the oven. Set aside to cool a little.
21. Place 1 patty onto 1 bun. Top the carrots & caramelized onions onto the patty & drizzle some barbecue sauce (optional) & even some mayonnaise (also optional) before serving.



Bon apetit! I enjoyed my juicy pork sliders TONNES! It was fantastic for me! The taste of the barbecue sauce, herbs & spices, sweet caramelized onions, plus the freshly grated carrots were just SO delicious!


Proud of myself today,

2 comments:

Nick Chan June 19, 2014 at 4:54 PM  

Yay!! Thanks for sharing this recipe! Gonna try it out some days. =)

PerutBesi June 19, 2014 at 5:18 PM  

@Nick Chan: You're most welcome! I hope it works for you & it tastes good too! Go by feel & play around with ingredients...my measurements are estimations only :) I actually didn't use teaspoon nor table spoon for measurements. I just pour/sprinkle! :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP