>> Thursday, May 31, 2012
- Heated/Baked the chicken,
- Boiled water & cooked the spaghetti on one stove, then tossed it with seasoning
- Prepared the dhal to the desired consistency/thickness (it was quite thick after storing in the fridge),
- Pan-fried the instant canai on the other stove
- Treasure-hunt for containers to store everything & packed all the dishes for office
Recipe for the tomato salsa:
1-2 tomatoes, diced
1/2 tsp of mixed Italian herbs
1-2 tsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice
1. Mix tomatoes, herbs, & lemon juice together.
2. Add a pinch of salt & some pepper.
3. Add in sugar & adjust the taste according to your preference - it should be not too sweet, not too sour.
4. Serve chilled!
Easy, right? Even kids can make it themselve...top the tomatoes over the slices of bread/baguette, sprinkle with some cheese (I used grated cheddar as that's the only thing that I have. Nicer if you use parmesan). You could also have some olive oil & garlic over the bread before you add the tomato salsa :)
So very tired, but it's a rewarding effort,