*Note: This site is optimised for Internet Explorer 7 /Firefox 1.5.02 & above.*

SurF tHis SitE RaNdoMly

Kimchiharu - Contemporary Korean Cuisine

>> Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Venue: Jaya One, PJ
Overall comment: Decent variety of contemporary Korean dishes at affordable prices
Halal: No

This restaurant has been around for as long as I can remember (perhaps since Jaya One has been around?). I've had thoughts of trying it, but have never done so 'til last Sunday with 2 church friends. Interesting place. Little did I realize that this outlet has also 2 other branches in Puchong Jaya & Subang Jaya SS15! (I'm so ignorant...sigh)

CC liked this place & recommended it out of the many food outlets, here at Jaya One, as KimchiHaru serves relatively generous portions at affordable prices. Taste of food is acceptable as well :)


The restaurant features a homey, quaint cafe-style restaurant. The color schemes somehow reminded me of Secret Recipe...hahaha....it serves Korean food with a contemporary touch e.g. having cheese in their dishes! I know it sounds VERY strange...I've yet to try those as my friends didn't wanna share a plate of "Carbonara Dokbokgi"! It doesn't sound very appetizing to begin with, but I think it should be acceptable, lest they would have taken it off their menu ;)


We had their set lunches, which ranges from RM17.80++ - RM23.00++, I think. Most of the sets have rice, so if you're a noodle fan, you'll have to go ala carte.

I had their Bibimbap set, which came with a glass of Iced Peach/Lemon Tea, side dishes, & some salads+ kimchi for RM17.80++. As I'm not a "rice tong"/"fann tong" in Cantonese (one who loves rice & must have rice in every other meal), I felt that there's just too much rice in the hot stone bowl. I got really full in the end. The only thing that I would much prefer is that the fried egg has semi cooked yolk instead of a fully cooked one. The taste on the overall isn't too bad, but could have more "umph". Something's lacking....


I won't mind popping by again to try out their other dishes. Perhaps some day soon...or in their other branches :) Ahh...I miss Korea...it's been 6 years since I first & last stepped foot in Korea :( I wanna go there again....


KimchiHaru 
13-LG1, Bloack D 
Jaya One 
72A, Jalan Universiti 
 46200 Petaling Jaya 
Selangor Darul Ehsan. 
Tel: (+603) 7629 8020 
Business hours: 11:30a.m. - 10:30p.m. (Mon-Sat),12:00p.m. - 10:00p.m. (Sun) 
Email: kimchiharu.hq@gmail.com 
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KimchiHaru


Ratings:
Presentation: * * * 1/2
Price: * * *
Environment: * * * 1/2
Taste: * * *
Service: * * *


Overall:






Missing Korea,

3 comments:

Jan's Travel and Tours May 17, 2012 at 9:13 AM  

Nice place and the dishes really look good...

Unknown February 18, 2013 at 8:30 PM  

Wow! those food I love the dishes look so delicious!

Hizons Catering

PerutBesi February 18, 2013 at 10:59 PM  

@Zonia Cruz: It's delicious :) Thanks for dropping by...

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP