*Note: This site is optimised for Internet Explorer 7 /Firefox 1.5.02 & above.*

SurF tHis SitE RaNdoMly

Home-Made "Green Goodness" Drink

>> Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I'm in the mood for something refreshing :) After work, I managed to get some pandan & basil from my uncle's house to plant in the front-yard of my friend's house where I'm currently staying/renting.

Since I have quite some ingredients in stock, I've decided to juice up something fresh & nutritious for my tired body :) I've temporarily named it the "Green Goodness" drink :P I didn't refer to any recipes, so this is my own recipe. As I'm an "agak-agak" & "experimental" chef, you'll need to adjust the measurements according to your own preference.

Refreshing "Green Goodness"
Told ya it's green! Very green indeed...haha...all the chlorophyll in the drink. A variety of flavour bursts in your mouth, "fascinating" every single tastebud you have. You'll first get the spiciness from the ginger, the freshness from the mint, the fragrance from the pandan leaves, the zesty-ness/tangy-ness from the lemon juice, & the natural sweetness from the honey. Ah....lovely for a tired day :)

Here's to share the simple recipe ;) Enjoy!

Serving: Makes 2 coffee mugs of juice (3/4 full)
Note: You'll need a tall blender, or else you could just blend the ingredients A with 1 cup of water & add the other cup of water after everything is blended.

Ingredients A:
2 pandan leaves, cut into small bits
2 handfuls of fresh mint leaves, chopped
1 tbsp ginger, chopped

Ingredients B:
2 tsbp lemon juice
2 tbsp honey
1-2 drops of mint essence
2-3 drops of pandan essence
2 cups of room-temperature water

Ice cubes (to chill)

Directions:
1. Put ingredients A into the blender & blend until semi-fine.
2. Add all ingredients B into the blender & blend 'til all the "leaves" are fine.
3. If your blender is hardy enough to blend ice, add some ice cubes into the blender as well.
4. Taste & adjust your drink's taste accordingly (if you need to add more honey/essence/lemon juice/water), then pour it through a sieve into mugs.
5. Serve with more ice/chilled. Yums!

Medicinal/Nutritional value: Helps with bloated stomachs, helps with digestion, good source of vitamins? (and I can't think of what else :P).


"Agak-agak & experimental" chef,


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP