*Note: This site is optimised for Internet Explorer 7 /Firefox 1.5.02 & above.*

SurF tHis SitE RaNdoMly

Hand-Pulled Pan Mee?

>> Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Venue: Restoran Okay, SS2 (Chow Yang area)
Overall comment: Pretty generous & delicious "hand-pulled" pan mee for RM5 - kept me full 'til my next meal (and I was still quite full!) Worth the money spent :)
Halal: No

I'm a huge pan mee fan! I even attempted in making my own version last month, which was successful :D I like pan mee that is soft & smooth, yet with a slightly chewy texture. The ingredients play a big role in enhancing the flavour of the noodle dish as well. Done well, the aromatic mixture of minced pork, Chinese black mushrooms, black fungus, & "ikan bilis" elevates the humble flour noodles to the next level.

I'm glad to have found a hidden gem here at SS2. Although I stay nearby during the weekdays, I'm just too lazy to explore my surrounding areas. What more with a place where its name just doesn't really appeal. It's not my 1st time here, but it's my 1st time having lunch here. At present, I'm more motivated to bake than to go food-hunting...hahaha...enjoy the pics anyhow!


Lovely pan mee soup (RM5.00/bowl)
I thought this is a generous serving of flour noodles :)

But I still prefer the dry version (RM5.00/bowl)
It's easier & faster to eat since it's not so steaming hot. Better to have this since the weather's so hot these days (or so wet all of the sudden). 

The stall 

The coffeeshop
The name is strange & doesn't help in marketing its stalls! But the food here is generally at least okay or more than okay :D
Photo above taken from http://tankiasu.xanga.com

Map to Restoran Okay

View PerutBesi in a larger map

If you're looking for a decent bowl of pan mee, this is not too bad. Of course there are better ones around the corner, but it you're looking for a generous portion of decent-tasting pan mee, I won't mind recommending this place :)

Updated on 11th September 2012:

Still as good...
I managed to try the soup version this time around. I think both dry & soup versions have its own speciality.


Restoran Okay
2-2A, Jalan SS2/10
47300 Petaling Jaya
Selangor Darul Ehsan
Malaysia.
GPS: 3.11502,101.616358


Ratings:
Presentation: * * *
Price: * * *
Environment: * *
Taste: * * * 1/2
Service: * * *


Overall:



I love pan mee,

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP