*Note: This site is optimised for Internet Explorer 7 /Firefox 1.5.02 & above.*

SurF tHis SitE RaNdoMly

My Baking Diary - 5 Minutes Chocolate "Mug" Cake

>> Friday, February 24, 2012

Yes, it's past midnight & I'm still too excited about the latest success that I had - a 5-minutes microwaved "mug" cake a.k.a. "cake-in-a-mug"! I'm a baking-noob/newbie, so experienced bakers out there, please forgive me for my over-excitement with such simple recipes :P

I stumbled upon this super-duper simple recipe around half past 11p.m. & decided to try it out since it only takes like 5 minutes to "bake" a cake! It worked!! Here's the recipe that I used & some photos of the "midnight" snack that I fixed, which I'm gonna eat as tomorrow's breakfast (I hope it still tastes good!).

TIP: Stir ingredients in properly (or mix the ingredient separately before pouring it into the mug). If not, you'll end up getting clumps of baked flour that's not mixed together with the rest of the ingredients.

http://www.instructables.com/id/5-minute-Chocolate-Cake/#step1

Ingredients:
* coffee mug
4 tablespoons flour - make sure you measure it right - or the cake is a lie!
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
2 tablespoons whisked egg - 1 egg is too much, 1 egg white is too eggy, 1 yolk is too dense, but 2 tblsp is just right!
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips
splash vanilla or other flavoring - try peppermint or cinnamon
* For a fudgier version, omit egg!

Here's a photo collage of my success!

Check out how the cake-in-mug rose slowly to perfection! :D

Are you motivated to try this simple dessert out for yourself now? :D I am! Gonna make it again - and will serve it with warm with either some cold vanilla ice cream & warm chocolate sauce + fruits + chopped nuts, or just eaten like that! *woots!!*

TRY IT OUT!! :D


The baking newbie,

4 comments:

Wanpetunjuk February 25, 2012 at 3:27 PM  

Uihhh...what can I say huh!

Hahaha...so, how does it tastes?. So funny Ruth - Cake in a cup!

good try...

PerutBesi February 26, 2012 at 9:37 PM  

Wanpetunjuk: Wan! It actually tastes good! I'm gonna make this again :D U can try it too...seriously, SANGAT SENANG!! :D Gonna try some other variant soon...look out for the upcoming posts! :P

Dila Ariff February 27, 2012 at 11:48 AM  

Omgosh, this actually works! I saw the recipe before but too scared to try >.<
Like, what if it explodes in the microwave or something lol. The mess would be so horrifying!

PerutBesi February 27, 2012 at 9:16 PM  

Dila Ariff: YES IT WORKS! I didn't think of the disaster part though...hahaha...I was just too excited to try out the cake! And with all the ingredients at hand, it's actually quite fast (and cheap too)!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP