*Note: This site is optimised for Internet Explorer 7 /Firefox 1.5.02 & above.*

SurF tHis SitE RaNdoMly

Sup Pedas Kajang Restaurant, Puchong

>> Monday, November 21, 2011

Venue: Bandar Puteri Puchong
Overall comment: The original one in Kajang sure tasted better, but this one was quite good as well. Prices of food is reasonable (not over-priced nor was it cheap) for the portion & quality. The only thing I felt was over-priced was the beancurd...
Halal: No

I was craving for the Kajang's "lat thong"/pepper soup for a rather long time. Since I left my previous company, I rarely go over to places like Cyberjaya/Kajang/Seri Kembangan unless necessary. This particular restaurant for the Kajang's famous pepper soup has been around in Bandar Puteri Puchong for quite some time (at least a year or more). As I don't stay in Puchong nor am I bothered to travel all the way here, I rarely come by Puchong unless it's to meet up with friends who live within the vicinity.


What I like about such dishes is the piping hot peppery soup, which gives the umph to a meal. The meat is nothing unusual - just like "bah kut teh". I just fancy the fragrance of pepper soup with the sweetness of the meat all cooked in a hot claypot.


Value Set Lunch
The restaurant serves noodles & rice, catering to individuals & families/groups with different preferences. I've yet to try their noodles since I was very focused on having the pepper soup with rice that evening.

Here's what I've tried:

Holiao Seafood Roll (RM6.90/5 pieces)
I was expecting some longer, crispier roll, but this appeared instead. Taste-wise, it's pretty delectable although nothing great. The meat was "roughly" minced along with some prawns, turnips, & parsley. "Holiao" means "tastes very good" in Hokkien, but this one wasn't all that holiao after all.


Beancurd with Dried Shrimp, served hot (RM6.90/small portion or RM10.90/large portion)
I felt that this was really expensive. I was expecting something more from the beancurd - like some home-made style or at least something that's not so "supermarket"! I can buy this from the supermarket for less than RM1.50/piece :S

Hot & Spicy Soup (RM10.90/single serving) 
We ordered for 3 persons, so this pot costs RM32.70. It has a generous serving of pork, chicken, pig's stomach & liver (we opted this out), along with ginger, Chinese parsley, & loads of pepper. I enjoyed this very much. The soup was "sweet" with all goodness of the chicken's & pig bones' stock.

Bitter Gourd Soup (RM10.90/single serving)
This was more bland. It wasn't as "sweet" as the spicy pepper soup, nor was it herbal/bitter. It was like any other chicken soup; I was quite disappointed as I expected more from this new dish on the menu. If the bitter gourd was really bitter, at least it will prove itself as an authentic bitter gourd soup...

Stir-Fried Sweet Potato Leaves (RM6.90/small portion or RM10.90/large portion)
Nothing spectacular. Thank goodness the veggie wasn't old or over-cooked.

Map to Sup Pedas Kajang @ Bandar Puteri Puchong

View PerutBesi in a larger map


If I'm ever craving for Kajang's pepper soup again & would not want to travel all the way to Kajang, this particular outlet in Puchong would just do the trick. Puchong has too many restaurants to explore...where next? :D


Sup Pedas Kajang Restaurant
16G, Jalan Puteri 2/4
Bandar Puteri Puchong
47100 Puchong
Selangor Darul Ehsan.
Tel: (+603) 8063 7239
Business hours: 11:00a.m. - 10:00p.m.


Ratings:
Presentation: * * *
Price: * * *
Environment: * * *
Taste: * * * 1/2
Service: * * * 1/2


Overall:






Loving Kajang's Pepper Soup,

3 comments:

Joel Yim November 22, 2011 at 12:07 PM  

I usually satisfy my craving for Lat Thong at Kong Sai in Subang. Maybe I'll try Puchong's one day.

wallace8831 November 22, 2011 at 2:08 PM  

I been there before, food nice, especially the soup....Price reasonable...

PerutBesi November 22, 2011 at 11:06 PM  

@Joel Yim: Sounds like a familiar place...they have an outlet at Paramount too! I can't recall if I've tried...but it's just pig's stomach soup, not the actual "lat thong", right?

@wallace8831: I agree with you...pretty good food at reasonable price :) Thanks for dropping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP