*Note: This site is optimised for Internet Explorer 7 /Firefox 1.5.02 & above.*

SurF tHis SitE RaNdoMly

Rak Thai, The Gardens Mid Valley

>> Friday, November 25, 2011

Venue: Rak Thai Restaurant, The Gardens Mid Valley
Occasion: Dinner with fellow blogger, Henry Lee @ Clevermunkey
Overall comment: Food was so-so. The so-called "sticky-rice" could be thrown at some robber to knock that fella out! - Yes, it's dry, hard, & bleagh...thankfully it's a coupon deal where I didn't have to pay that much to try out the food here. If restaurants provide their patrons with equally good food through coupon deals, I guarantee they'll receive many folds in return!
Halal: Yes

It was my first time meeting Henry after talking about meeting up for so long! Believe it or not, we've never crossed paths, even in food tasting events...how strange, eh? After some thought, I suggested to meet up at Mid Valley's Rak Thai as I needed to use the coupon deal that I bought quite some time ago. The deal was a set meal for RM10.90/set, consisting of a drink, a rice dish (choice of 2 types of dishes), & a dessert.

Iced Lime Mint Drink (worth RM3.90/glass)
Refreshing drink - as I love the fresh mint smell & taste, this zesty-tasting drink is a good thirst quencher, especially on a hot day.

Main Dish: BBQ Lemongrass Chicken (worth RM16.50/set)
Portion isn't very generous; my photo makes the portion look bigger than the actual...haha. This dish comes with white rice & it was quite dry since there wasn't any gravy nor sauce for the chicken dish (apart from the chili dips). The BBQ lemongrass chicken was probably over-cooked as it was rough & quite charred. Not up to expectations *sigh* The pickles/mango kerabu side dish wasn't wow either.

Main Dish: Special Thai BBQ Chicken Set/Gai Yang (worth RM16.50/set)
The chicken was definitely better as it was "juicier" albeit also without gravy/sauce. The one very horrible set back was the so-called "sticky rice". It wasn't sticky at all! I was expecting a block of fragrant, soft, & slightly sticky glutinous rice, but it came out dry, hard, & crumbly. We even asked for it to be changed (the 1st one was really hard & cold), but the replacement wasn't any saving grace. Just as bad, but it was warm =.=" Fail.

The wall will crack if I throw this against the wall! *lol*

Dessert: Tub Tim Krob (worth RM4.90/serving)
It wasn't fantastic, but edible. Certainly not a good tub tim krob. I felt that it was too "flat-sweet" :( Ah, I really miss one of the best Thai food I've ever had in Penang last year at Moo Kata. I wonder if the stall/restaurant is still there. MISS!!

The interior of the restaurant
They sell assortment of goodies from Thailand at the restaurant as well.




PerutBesi & the Clevermunkey
The fellowship was the one saving grace :) Thanks for the lovely time of fellowship & meet-up! It awesome meeting up with you & exchanging experiences & thoughts. I've gained much insight from you, O Active Blogger :D Looking forward to meet up with you some time soon! Enjoy your work & the load of food tasting events ;)

I doubt I'll bother coming here again. There are just too many better options at Mid Valley/The Gardens. I just thought of trying out this place using the coupon deal since I haven't tried it before - once bitten, twice shy!


Rak Thai
LG-232A (Opposite Big Apple)
Lower Ground Floor
The Gardens Mall, Mid Valley City
59200 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: (+603) 22846918
Business hours: 10:00a.m. - 10:00p.m. daily



Ratings:
Presentation: * * *
Price: * * 1/2
Environment: * * 1/2
Taste: * * 1/2
Service: * * *


Overall





Sticky-rice isn't sticky at all!,

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP