*Note: This site is optimised for Internet Explorer 7 /Firefox 1.5.02 & above.*

SurF tHis SitE RaNdoMly

Family trip to Kuantan (Bayleaf Restaurant)

>> Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Venue: Bayleaf Steak House, Kuantan Garden
Halal: Yes

I just realized that the last time I blogged about this place was FOUR years ago (click here for the old post)! The style of my photography back then compared to how I capture photos these days are of VAST difference. I'm actually surprised & embarrassed that my photo-taking skills years back were quite bad....hahaha.

Back to Bayleaf, I reckon I rarely step foot to Bayleaf whenever I'm around in Kuantan since there are so many options here. Somehow I tend to end up at the same few restaurants as well! :P

This restaurant serves decent food at affordable prices, so no worries about quality of food & whether it is wallet-friendly :) They have a good variety of Western & Asian food here. Apparently, many foreigners drop by during lunch hour for the claypot loh shu fun! I've yet to try that. Aaron's dad treated us to dinner (again! so "pai se"...) & we had a good time indulging in the sumptuous meal. Thank you!!

Here's what we had that night:

Tempura Fish & Chips
Light, crispy batter coating the juicy fish fillet. Yums :)

Prawn Cocktail Salad
Quite an interesting presentation for a simple dish. It's basically prawn salad in a "cocktail glass" (or maybe not)! *hahaha*

Oxtail Soup
I was quite surprised that the oxtail soup is slightly spicy. I think they added some paprika or maybe chili powder to enhance the taste of the beef soup. The broth is flavourful & goes well with garlic bread.

Garlic Bread with Cheese
Yes, this is actually a side order. Quite a nice snack to have....haha..

Grilled Salmon with Spinach & Cheese
I find this a little bland for my liking. I still prefer the salmon at Fine & Relax Cafe in Puchong. This cheese & spinach sauce doesn't feel cheesy enough & is lacking in herbs for some added "umph" to the humble salmon. I guess they didn't really marinate the salmon as well...

Fisherman's Choice
It's every other basic seafood you can find on this platter (except crabs). If you're a seafood lover, this platter is definitely something you won't want to miss.

Grilled Lamb Chop with Mint Sauce
The lamb chop was alright, but the lamb chop I had at Andes, Aman Suria, was very much better (I haven't blogged on the lamb chop episode yet)! Same goes for the mint sauce. Bayleaf's mint sauce was too diluted with lemon juice - quite sour - which isn't my cup of tea. I prefer something more minty...haha...

Hainanese Chicken Chop
According to my dad, such a dish best suits a "China-man" like him. You can't go very wrong with the basic deep-fried chicken chop & some oriental-style brown sauce. My dad said the one he had years back in KL was nicer (and he said he could also cook a better Hainanese chicken chop than Bayleaf's!).

Map to Bayleaf Steak House

View PerutBesi in a larger map

So, will I head back to Bayleaf again sometime soon? I guess so...depending on mood & feel :D I haven't tried the steak here because Aaron would head straight to Sherwood if he craves for steak. We usually have some 'favourite' spots for certain types of food in Kuantan. The place is small enough to spot some specifics, yet big enough to give you a good variety. Ah, me likey...


Bayleaf Steak House
B25, Lorong Seri Kuantan 25
25250 Kuantan
Pahang Darul Makmur.
Tel: (+609) 566 9812
Business Hours: 12:00p.m.-3:30p.m. & 6:30p.m.-10:30p.m.


Ratings:

Presentation: * * * *
Price: * * *
Environment: * * * 1/2
Taste: * * * 1/2
Service: * * * 1/2


Overall:






2 comments:

Henry Lee June 15, 2011 at 12:42 PM  

yeah ur photography skills did improve from four years ago. a lot i can see... anyway, the food looks good but I don't think i'll go to Kuantan unless for work

PerutBesi June 15, 2011 at 5:09 PM  

@Henry: Hey! It's been awhile since we last communicated :) How've u been? Hope u're doing great! Should make a trip to Kuantan for fun la! Loads to enjoy there with friends :) I took my ex-colleagues there & they loved it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP