*Note: This site is optimised for Internet Explorer 7 /Firefox 1.5.02 & above.*

SurF tHis SitE RaNdoMly

Ah Lye Curry Fish Head, Subang Jaya

>> Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Hello dear readers!

Sorry for slacking in updating of this blog...been quite caught up with the load of work at office that by the time I get back, I just don't want to do anything constructive! I can't wait to have my end-year break...hohoho...counting down the days! :D

**********

Venue: Ah Lye Curry Fish Head, SS19 Subang Jaya
Occasion: Dinner with friends
Overall comment: The fish head/meat curry is pretty good :) According to JC, it's the best that he has ever tasted in Klang Valley. I kinda enjoyed the fried squid too, but JC's wife said that that night's fried squid wasn't as good as before...hopefully it's a one-off dip in quality only...
Halal: No

I've heard much about this curry fish head restaurant. Even some friends from as far as Sitiawan knows about Ah Lye & recommends this restaurant for some good dose of curry fish head. News of good food sure travels a LONG way! :) Ah Lye was even featured in The Star newspaper 3 years back! (that's when I sorta just started my gastronomic adventures)

Ah Lye is tucked in the quiet residential area of SS19 Subang Jaya. The restaurant is packed during peak hours, & especially during the weekends. When it comes to fish head curry, most fish head curry fans would just know their way to this place :)


JC ordered the fish meat curry instead as he finds the fish head a little too troublesome to eat (with all the bones). The curry was thick, fragrant, & not-too-spicy for the PerutBesi *lip-smacking!* I can just have the fish head curry with rice alone! You'll find generous amount of fish head/meat pieces, accompanied by okras/lady's fingers, aubergines/brinjals, & bean curd puffs/"taufu pok"...oh, lovely :)

Sizzling Hot Claypot Curry Fish Head/Meat

Deep-Fried Squid
The presentation, especially the colour of the fried squid wasn't really appealing. I didn't have much faith in the squid 'til I took a bite *crunch!* Ah! It was good!! I loved it & could finish up at least half the plate (too much will give me a sore throat) by myself.

Salted-Baked Chicken
This chicken was of no comparison to the one I bought from Ipoh...it wasn't fragrant enough & the flavour of salted-baked chicken was just absent. Quite disappointing :( JC said it used to be quite good, but I guess some things just isn't the same today as it was yesterday...

Stir-fried Kailan with Garlic
It's a simple stir-fried kailan, so I don't really have much complaints.

Map to Ah Lye

View PerutBesi in a larger map


This meal was a treat from JC, so I don't know how much the meal costs. But I reckon it isn't too expensive. If it is unreasonably priced, no one would bother weaving through the housing area just to satisfy their cravings for fish head curry! :D

Let me know what you think about this curry fish head restaurant. If you've better recommendations, drop me a note! :) Stay tuned with PerutBesi! ;)


Ah Lye Curry Fish Head
28 Jalan SS19/1G
47500 Subang Jaya
Selangor Darul Ehsan.
Tel: (+603) 5638 0468/5634 9692
Business hours: 12:00 -3:00 p.m., 5:00 -10:00 p.m.
GPS: N3.07581 E101.57533


Ratings:

Presentation: * * *
Price: * * * 
Environment: * * * 1/2
Taste: * * * 1/2
Service: * * * 1/2


Overall:







*munch munching away*
- Ruth

6 comments:

HenRy LeE ® September 29, 2010 at 12:03 AM  

yummy... i miss eating curry fish head... ahhhh~

Joel Yim September 29, 2010 at 12:26 AM  

i ate here before. the stand out dishes are no doubt the curry fish head and salt-baked chicken. i've tasted better deep fried squid though :)

thule a.k.a leo September 29, 2010 at 2:07 PM  

Ah!! Subang Jaya used to be my territoty :) no, I was not in a gang or something. I studied in INTI Subang in the past

PerutBesi September 29, 2010 at 11:59 PM  

->HenRy LeE: Try this place out la...I heard it's one of the best in Klang Valley...and henry, let's plan a meet up! I wanna meet u in person la :D

-> Joel Yim: Hey bro, how's u la...and bring me to the deep fried squid place! I tried one restaurant's deep fried salted egg squid & oooooo SO NICE!! It's near my house though :P

->leo: Time to re-visit your old territory! Loads of food in Subang ;) We should meet up someday too!

FOODIE July 7, 2014 at 11:40 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
PerutBesi July 7, 2014 at 3:59 PM  

@FOODIE: Oh my. I haven't been back there for ages! Seems like I may not head back there after what you've shared after all..hahaha...

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP