*Note: This site is optimised for Internet Explorer 7 /Firefox 1.5.02 & above.*

SurF tHis SitE RaNdoMly

New: Sushi Platter at Häagen-Dazs

>> Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Date: 14 April 2010, Wednesday
Venue:
Häagen-Dazs, Solaris Mont Kiara
Occasion: Food tasting - new on the menu
Overall comment: So good that you'll clean the whole dish!
Halal: Yes


Thank you, Häagen-Dazs & Pat-Lin Communications Sdn. Bhd. for the unforgettable experience last week!

My mum & I were 'high' on ice-cream & it was a lovely time trying out the new Sushi Platter, seeing my mum being so satisfied with her ice-cream, meeting up with other foodies, as well as getting to know the friendly people from Häagen-Dazs & Pat-Lin! Oh goodness, that's a long list of lovely memories!

Regina & Joelle from Pat-Lin were really friendly, & so were Kenny & his colleague from Häagen-Dazs! Meeting the other foodies like Babe in the City - KL, Joe, Bangsar-Babe, Foodelicious, & the rest of the foodies whom I didn't get to say hi to, was just awesome!

You can read their reviews in the links I have provided.

Anyway, here's what we're introduced & served that evening :)


New, Improved Menu
Their new menu looks like a coffee-table book! It doesn't look like a menu at all :D Lovely printing & colors that makes the ice cream looks extra special & extra mouth-watering

Sweet Indulgence Cake (not out in the market yet)
This was like our appetizer for the evening. Looks so cute, right? The new creation of ice cream cake topped with white chocolate shavings, whipped cream, & half a strawberry was smooth & different. It's been awhile since I had ice cream cake, so it's a very good alternative. It's a tad too sweet, but it's certainly delicious nonetheless :) When this cake is released into the market, you will be able to select your choice of ice cream flavour as well! (the 'cake' was melting away as I was busy taking photos of it!)

Sushi Platter (selling at RM35.00/platter)
Check it out! Nice, right? Doesn't it look like the actual sushi?? I thought it was really amazing art! I didn't want to put them into my mouth cos they were just too pretty a sight to behold! I just wanted to say "hello!" to them!

I was told by the Brand Manager of Häagen-Dazs, Kenny Tan & Regina from Pat-Lin Communications that there will only be 5-6 sets for sale per outlet per day, so if you really want to get a taste of this, you better be quick or make a reservation for your dream ice cream!

Each 'sushi' is beautifully hand-crafted. It is suitable to be enjoyed alone after a long day at work or class, or even with your family/loved ones! I thought that it makes a lovely birthday treat as well :D


The 'sushi' has a Japanese touch in their names as well
Mango & Passion Fruit Sushi, Strawberry Gunkan, Mango Sorbet Sushi and Kiwi Gunkan, and the platter of 'sushi' is accompanied by refreshing green tea ice cream ('wasabi').

Mum's ready to dig in!

So, what makes the 'sushi' look SO appealing & colorful?

Mango & Passion Fruit Sushi (Tamago/Egg Sushi) – Refreshing Mango & Passion Fruit ice cream placed on top of Macadamia Nut ice cream and delicately held together by a chocolate strip.

Strawberry Gunkan (Baby Octopus Sushi) – Rich Macadamia Nut ice cream encased in a rich chocolate wrapping topped with fresh strawberries; a juicy combination to tease your taste buds.

Kiwi Gunkan (Seaweed Sushi) – Classic Vanilla ice cream in a rich chocolate wrapping topped with fresh Kiwi fruit is a blend of tangy fruits and silky smooth ice cream.

Mango Sorbet Sushi (Salmon Sushi) – A simple but satisfying combination of Mango Sorbet on a creamy white base of Classic Vanilla ice cream


Check out the art
I LOVE the Mango Sorbet 'sushi' best!! It's tangy at the top & creamy sweet at the bottom :P

PerutBesi & Regina from Pat-Lin Communications
Thanks for the lovely chat & friendly hospitality!

Bon Apetit!
By the time I took so many photos of it & posed with it, the ice cream was crying to be eaten! Hahaha...can you see my Salmon Sushi 'crying'? :D Thank goodness Häagen-Dazs' ice cream doesn't melt very quickly!

Fruity-Tutti
Ice cream with fruits makes a perfect marriage! Green apples as deco? The freshness of something sourish after all the "sweet sin" cleanses your guilt away :D

Oh, mum is SO enjoying... early Happy Birthday!

The verdict? PerutBesi is VERY HAPPY!
Yes, after all the chit-chatting & over-excitement, my poor 'wasabi' melted...but with a smile ;)

Selection of ice cream & cakes
Ice cream & ice cream cakes are also sold at Häagen-Dazs. Best shared with loved ones!


The interior of Häagen-Dazs, Solaris Mont Kiara/Soho

I'm very thankful for the invite :) It really made my day, my week! I'm also SO thankful to be able to spend this 'lil treat with my mum too!! *yippee!! dances with joy*


Ratings:

Presentation: * * * * 1/2
Price: * * *
Environment: * * * *
Taste: * * * *
Service: * * * *


Overall:





- Ruth

6 comments:

coffeerox April 21, 2010 at 9:25 AM  

Hi! Glad you enjoyed it! And it was nice meeting you and your mom!

hopefully we will have more delightful stuff coming...

^__^

PerutBesi April 21, 2010 at 10:08 AM  

->coffeerox: Hello!! Is this Joelle or Regina?? :D It's lovely to meet the both of u anyhow...heh...I sure hope to meet u all in the upcoming events! Take care & keep in touch!! ;)

Babe_KL April 21, 2010 at 4:28 PM  

nice to see you again but too bad we have to sit so far apart!

thule a.k.a leo April 21, 2010 at 4:42 PM  

Ice-cream!!! Have to refrain myself from indulging in those sinful stuff.. Jenn always remind me on how big my waist is

PerutBesi April 21, 2010 at 4:45 PM  

->babe_kl: PShan! Ya lor...the place where u sat was packed d & my mum was with me, so I didn't go over. If I'm alone, I may join u all since I know some of u d...But it was good on the whole :) got to spend some good time with mum & she was in 7-heaven...she loves ice cream & having this was a dream come true for her :) looking forward to meet u sometime soon!!!

PerutBesi April 21, 2010 at 5:19 PM  

->Leo: Indulging in such lovely food once in a while is alright, I guess...tell her that you'll be nicer to hug! :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP