*Note: This site is optimised for Internet Explorer 7 /Firefox 1.5.02 & above.*

SurF tHis SitE RaNdoMly

Weekend at Hilton Hotel, PJ (Day 1)

>> Saturday, February 13, 2010

Date: 7-8 February 2010, Sunday - Monday
Venue: Hilton Hotel, Petaling Jaya
Occasion: Weekend stay + breakfast for 2 (I won the gift voucher from a contest last year)
Overall comment: It was a blast! The stay was luxurious, the food variety during breakfast was marvelous, & the company of my mum was just lovely :)

Last year, I participated in the "Picture Perfect Couple" contest, organized by ZestPJ.com, Hilton Hotel Petaling Jaya's own "fun" website. The contest was organized in conjunction of the hotel's Bridal Fair & twenty-five couples with the highest votes will win a weekend stay at the hotel itself, inclusive of breakfast for 2 persons at the Paya Serai Restaurant.

Thanks to all family, friends, & voters, the photo I submitted managed to squeeze through to be the top 25! Thank you everyone who voted for our photo!!


The Voucher :D

I decided to quickly use up the voucher this year before it expires, & it was an awesome mother-daughter bonding weekend! Nice :) We got the Deluxe Twin room, valued at RM378++ (price inclusive of 1 breakfast)/night stay, so for a night's stay with breakfast for 2 persons, I'm assuming that the prize was worth around RM400++! *faints* I wouldn't spend such an amount for a weekend stay in PJ, but this was indeed an experience that money can't buy ;)

Here are some photos to share:


The room
The bed was actually quite comfortable, but the bed spreads & comforter smelt 'stale'. My mum & I were wondering if they ever wash the sheets & DRY them properly before placing it onto the bed. Although the smell of the bed wasn't too pleasant, the sleep & ambiance was wonderful!

Room's Facilities
My mum instantly got into cozy-mode & relaxed on the arm chair available in the room. There was a television with quite good channels, including some Astro channels, but the downside is that internet facilities are not readily available. You'll have to pay RM31/hour for wifi connection! *siao!*

Mini Bar & Refrigerator
There's complimentary coffee & tea like any other hotel, & 2 bottles of drinking water just in case you get thirsty during your stay. Every other food/drinks are chargeable.

The Bathroom
I thought is was just lovely to have such a spacious bathroom to use for a night (I sound very "jakun"/"sampat", eh?). There's a bathtub & a shower, which brought me great delight since I haven't relaxed in a bathtub for a long time! My mum complained that I took a whole hour soaking in the tub & occupying the bathroom just for myself! :D

Swimming Pool
The pool is located on the 2nd floor of the hotel. It's an outdoor pool, just for adult (there's no kiddies pool!) & it's 5feet deep - leveled ground. The pool's quite clean, so it was an opportunity not to be missed to at least have a swim while I was there!

PerutBesi Ruth at the Swimming Pool Area

"Big Kid" in the Pool
It was a TOTALLY relaxing weekend. Swimming was fun, though tiring (since I haven't swam for a long time...the last time was in August while I was in Kota Kinabalu). If only I had goggles, the swim would be more enjoyable...hahaha....too bad I ain't a great swimmer nor a very active one :P

Mum & I
One of the better shots that I managed to take with the both of us in the photo! *lol* It was just very funny trying to get my mum & I to be in the same photo when I'm dripping wet & trying to not get my camera to fall into the swimming pool! :D

After a short time of swimming & relaxing by the pool side, we went up to the room to wash up & rest. As we looked out of the window, behold, the BEAUTIFUL sunset!! *melts in awe*


Sunset from our room at Hilton
Isn't it beautiful??

View from our room

We went out to Paramount to have "loh mee" for dinner & headed straight to the pasar malam in Taman Megah for a walk. It was indeed a great catch-up with my mum!


Mum near the lift

The both of us really enjoyed the night. We only headed back to the hotel around 11:00p.m.! *fuh* Crazee women, we are ;) How often do we girls get to do such stuff anyways? :D


Back to Hilton for a night's rest

Before I turned in, I just had to snap a photo of the night lights & life from the hotel room. Ah, it was truly like some dream come true... *drifts into a dream*


Good night, PJ

So, when was the last time you had a blast of a weekend? More importantly, when was the last time you had a great time with your parent(s)?

As Chinese New Year approaches (tomorrow!) & as we linger in the festive mood of Valentine's Day, let's all remember to spend time with our loved ones & give thanks for their lives! Without our family & friends, who will we be? Take time to ponder & smile as the lovely memories flash through your mind :)

Stay tuned for part 2 of this series! It's gonna be about food!! :D


Loving her family,
Ruth

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP