*Note: This site is optimised for Internet Explorer 7 /Firefox 1.5.02 & above.*

SurF tHis SitE RaNdoMly

TGIF lunch, Chinese Dinner, Ampang Lookout Point

>> Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Date/Day: 16 May 2009, Saturday

Lunch with Junie, EB, & Aaron
Venue: TGIF, the Curve
Overall comment: I think I've commented 'bout the food in this TGIF branch before....it's so-so lah...I just had a good time cos of the company :) Thanks for the lovely lunch! We had a great time of laughter & sharing :)

Here are some photos taken at TGIF:


Starters: Fried Mac & Cheese

Main Courses




After all the food, we were just too stuffed for any dessert. Quite sad, but we were really full! Hahaha...I had a really good time of fellowship with the 3 of them. After lunch, we went window shopping a while before Aaron & I went to catch the movie, "Angels & Demons" at Cineleisure. Quite a nice movie!

The whole day is about food, food, & people...quite siao, really :P After the movie, we picked up my sister & went home to pick my dad before meeting up with my mum in PJ with 2 aunts, & leaving for Seri Kembangan for dinner. *woot!* All the way to Seri Kembangan! My mother seem to like the food at the Fook Hin Bah Kut Teh Restaurant that I brought her to the last time.


Dinner with family & friends
Venue: Fook Hin Bah Kut Teh Restaurant, Seri Kembangan
Overall comment: The steamed fish there has always been delicious. We have learnt not to order the squid dishes there...as for the rest of the dishes, it's all pretty good :)

I've blogged on this place before, so I don't think I'll blog about it again :P


Adventure to Ampang Lookout Point
After dinner, I dropped my parents & sister off before heading out with Aaron to hunt for the Ampang Lookout Point, a much mentioned place in blogs & among people.

I've always wanted to get there, but getting there alone seems a little meaningless. So, since Aaron was in town, I ceased the opportunity to hunt for this place with him! I should thank Google Maps & Chris Sam's GPS (managed to borrow from him on Saturday morning itself) for directing me there safely & surely! *applauses with joy*

This place is actually just a hill area in the vicinity of Ampang whereby you can overlook pretty much the whole of KL city. There are restaurants on the hilltop such as Look Out Point Restaurant (apparently the chops there are quite good, but I'm yet to try), Bread & Olives (higher-class restaurant suitable for private functions), & Gasoline Restaurant (popular hang out spot for youngsters). For more info on this place, click here.

Here are some photos taken at the Lookout Point. I didn't dine there, but I'll surely do the next time I get there again :) We left the place & called it a night around 1a.m. Ah...it was a good birthday celebration! :D Ruthie's happy :D


Right at the top of the hill, there's an entrance to the restaurants & the 'lookout point'

These 2 photos were taken from the hill top outside the restaurants (using different photo-taking modes). We didn't dare take so many photos as we were kinda blocking the view of the patrons of the restaurant, who purposely ate there for the breath-taking view of the city :P


Halfway to the top of the hill, there was another 'lookout point', where it's quieter, & not so commercialized. This area has several side stalls offering light finger food & drinks, as well as car park spaces at the side of the road to just stop by & enjoy the view :)

Can you see the Petronas Twin Towers in the photos?


Don't expect good lighting here cos there are only street lights...bah...



Map of Ampang Lookout Point

View PerutBesi in a larger map



Ampang Lookout Point
Jalan Hulu Langat (B62)
68000 Ampang
Kuala Lumpur.



- Ruth

3 comments:

Anonymous July 14, 2009 at 4:56 PM  

Hey,Ruth!!

Wei Zian is back in KL n he was telling me about this place when we met up last night so i googled it n stumbled upon your blog. At first i didnt know it was you, then you mentioned chris sam's name n i thought "hey,maybe i know this person" then i saw your pictures! I'll probably go check out this place some time soon. :)

Eunice
(your ex roommate)

PerutBesi July 14, 2009 at 7:39 PM  

-> Eunice: Heya!!! Hahaha...yes yes it's me, ur ex-roomie! How's u??? It's been a LONG time since we met eh? Should meet up someday!

Chris December 16, 2009 at 4:22 PM  

Hey nice post. Just wanna share with everyone, Look Out Point already has an official website here : http://www.lookoutpoint.com.my

They have descriptions, tips and tricks, direction maps and contact numbers of the restaurant operators.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP