*Note: This site is optimised for Internet Explorer 7 /Firefox 1.5.02 & above.*

SurF tHis SitE RaNdoMly

Bday in Office, Checkers & Alexis BSC

>> Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I've decided to split the extremely long post during my birthday weekend into several posts, according to days...SO much to blog!! *wergh*

*****
Date/Day: 15 May 2009, Friday

Celebration in office
My gang tried tricking me to the pantry area downstairs, with the idea of 'binding a book' (the utility room for book binding is downstairs). Great idea, girls...it didn't work. Apparently, Lian emailed my project manager to seek approval to get me out at that particular time....all of them kinda "pakat" (conspired) with my project manager since I-dunno-when....awesome...

I reluctantly went down, knowing that somehow they're planning to surprise me for my birthday. I was happy, no doubt, but also quite scared as Lian is famous for cake-smashing & I dislike getting dirty :P

Anyways, to cut the story short, almost the whole gang was there, including my 3rd-floor gang, the GT gang, and the F & A adults gang :) Awesome-possum :D I'm really thankful for these friends...they got me a cake, with very cute candles, & drew me a card filled with lots of "love notes" :P

Thanks to all who came for the celebration & who were part of the surprise!

I loved the very cute candles!!








Celebration with Ling & Theng
Venue: Checkers Rib Restaurant, Damansara Heights
Overall comment: Small place out of no where, pretty good food though slightly on the pricey side, & a 'lil too noisy when everyone starts talking...hahaha

After work, I headed off to Ling's house to pick both Ling & Theng up for a dinner planned by Ling. She managed to book a place at Checkers Rib Restaurant in Damansara Heights, a place supposedly famous for their porky dishes! Yums!

The place was tucked in the middle of a housing area in Lorong Setiabistari 2...it's not that hard to locate, though it's quite weird that out of no where, appears a row of shop lots...hahaha. This place requires reservation & is actually a very small restaurant (can sit 6-7 tables inside...around 30 ppl...and around 3 tables outside). It's not very cozy (since it's small) and it's usually full- almost everyone will be talking in that small restaurant, causing the place to be quite noisy; we much prefer a quieter place to just enjoy our food & the catch-ups that goes around the table :)

The food there's good...it's slightly pricey, but for the quality you get, it's not too bad. The owner/boss is also very friendly & humorous. His recommendations are pretty good, though I think it's a very standard sorta recommendation for a small, simple restaurant. They don't really have a long list on the menu...just enough to go around, & I guess it's enough to keep them in business!

'Nuf said, here are the photos taken:


The mushrooms very very nicely grilled. They were indeed quite expensive. I thought we would be getting some Portobello mushrooms or at least some 'bigger-sized' mushrooms, but these were the only ones served :S The mushrooms were grilled, lightly salted, & I reckon they drizzled some garlic oil & fried chopped garlic on the mushrooms before serving it on top of some water crest & other greens.

Lovely lip-smacking pork knuckles!! *drools* The meat was tender & juicy, but the skin could be crispier...it was a little hard. The sauces went well with the meat to give it a tangy kick & the mash potatoes were REALLY yummy!!

Juicy pork ribs :) The meat was well-marinated & barbequed to perfection. It's so flavorful that you don't even need to dip it into any sauce for accompaniment! :P



Map to Checkers Rib Restaurant

View PerutBesi in a larger map


Checkers Rib Restaurant
19 Lorong Setiabistari 2
Damansara Heights
50490 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: (603) 2095 3304
Note: Reservations Required


Ratings:

Presentation: * * * *
Price: * * *
Environment: * * *
Taste: * * * 1/2
Service: * * * 1/2


Overall:





Dessert with Ling & Theng
Venue: Alexis, Bangsar Shopping Centre
Overall comment: Nice ambiance, lovely dessert, cozy seats!

After dinner at Checkers, the 3 of us decided to head somewhere else for some peace...hahaha...we thought of some dessert to accompany of catch-ups as well, & Alexis in Bangsar Shopping Centre was the pick :)

I personally haven't been there before & mmm...I thought it was a good place to dine, despite the fact that the desserts there are slightly pricey as well! But the taste....oo-la-la....worth paying! The mixed berries meringue was the best as compared to the mango cream pie, both which we ordered.



I love this best! It's fruity & light, & gave me a 'cloud-9' feel...super umph!



After spending 2 or more hours there, we decided to call it a night & headed back to Ling's house, before I left for home...it was a lovely night.

Thank you, Ling & Theng!! WSze, wish you could join us!!


Alexis Bangsar Shopping Centre
Lot 15A 1st floor
Bangsar Shopping Centre
Bukit Bandaraya
59100 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: (603) 2287 1388
Website: Click here


Ratings:

Presentation: * * * *
Price: * * *
Environment: * * * 1/2
Taste: * * * *
Service: * * * 1/2


Overall:






THE SURPRISE! - a love story *gasps!*

By the time I got home, it was around 12:30a.m. There wasn't any parking space downstairs my apartment, so I had to park at the 2nd row, slightly further from my apartment block. I was too un-bothered to hurry up to the house despite the hour being so 'late' & dangerous.

I came down of the car, opened the car boot & started stuffing some of my stuff into my backpack...suddenly, Aaron appeared beside my car IN PERSON..."Happy birthday, darling...."

I was too shocked to response....all I could say was "Oh my gosh....", gasped, & looked really stunned....I was too surprised 'til I didn't even go near him nor scream...all I stupidly did was to turned back to my packing & started packing my bag...I looked as if I've seen a ghost...hahaha...really silly....

He took my bag & said "Let's go up....", but all I could response once again was "I...I still have things to pack....", gave him that same in-shock-look, closed the boot, went to the front to get my laptop & locked my car..."You're not dreaming, darl...," he said with a smile....it must be quite a priceless look on my face...cis. I had to slap myself gently to ensure that I was in reality...IT WAS REAL!!!

We went up to my house & as I walked past my sister's room, I screamed my might TWICE 'til my sister thinks I'm mad....all I could do was just to scream & point at the door, where he was standing there to lock my house's gate. It was too much to believe....really.

I was tricked to believe that he was too busy to come down to KL & had to work on Saturday. Apparently, he has planned this out since TWO weeks ago, even before I went to Kuantan last week as a so-called surprise, which didn't really turn out as a surprise. Sheesh. I even had a dream that he was coming to celebrate my birthday with me! Gosh. I should have believed that dream & not get myself into such a surprised-mode. He was even in PJ the whole day on Friday already, meeting up with his friends before he came to meet me! Bah! What a good planner....

Ruthie's happy.... :)

- Ruth

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP