*Note: This site is optimised for Internet Explorer 7 /Firefox 1.5.02 & above.*

SurF tHis SitE RaNdoMly

Sun & Surf Cafe, Sunway

>> Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Date: 30 August 2008
Venue: Sun & surf Cafe, Sunway Lagoon Hotel & Spa
Meal: Buffet Dinner (Eastern-- I recall they told me it was International buffet, but I kena tipu liao) I went with my sister & had some sister-bonding time with her...heehee...
Purpose of dining: Complimentary buffet lunch/dinner for birthday by StopOvers (it's Jen's voucher, but she can't make it, so she gave it to me & told me to enjoy it! Thank u, Jen!!!)
Condition: At least 1 other dining-in person (maximum of 20 persons)



Japanese selection...
The sushi is 'ok', but the salmon sashimi isn't very fresh...so it didn't taste very nice :S

Oysters & mussels
The mussels were alright, but the oysters were a lil stale...

Cooked dishes
The only dish that we felt was delicious was the deep fried squid rings with golden yolk (front)...

Dessert
The dessert variety was much better than their main course variety...although not excellent :P The chocolate-filled tart was nice :)

BBQ-ed Variety
It's our first time having lamb sausages & my sister & I didn't really like it...it's a lil strong in the 'lamb' smell, which wasn't exactly pleasant (though I do love lamb!)...the potato was not too bad...I guess we were a little too full, so we didn't bother taking much of the BBQ-ed variety :P

More dessert
The pistachio pudding in that small cup tasted rather strange...hahaha...the rest of the dessert were more plesing to the taste bud...hahaha...

Ice Cream
Although we were pretty full, there's no meaning if we miss out the ice cream! So for the fun of it, we just took some...gluttons! *lol*

More seafood??
My sister decided to end our dinner with more mussels & oysters...sigh...I think I've had enough of these to last me for the year! *faints*

Complimentary birthday cake
This is a complimentary cake from Sunway Hotel since I went with the 'birthday coupon', which was actually Jen's :P Thanks so much for the lovely cake!!

Chocolate Mud Cake
I think this is the BEST thing in the entire buffet dinner...the cake's really nice! Rich in chocolate & very moist :P Yums!


Ratings:
Presentation: * * *
Price: * * *
Environment: * * * *
Taste: * * *


Overall





- Ruth

5 comments:

Sitie BUm BUm October 17, 2008 at 1:23 AM  

until now i still don't know how do wasabi taste like? want to try..but afraid to do so. Can't stand the heat maybe.. huhu!!

PerutBesi October 17, 2008 at 11:07 AM  

->[s]itie: Hi there! Thanks for dropping by our site :) We're very delighted to hear from u...wasabi has a distinguish taste & 'feel' lah...it's actually just radish, but it's SO pungent that it could choke! Not spicy, but the 'heat' goes up ur nose! Haha...try a bit bit someday!

Sitie BUm BUm October 17, 2008 at 11:45 AM  

if i get a dare from sumone..i will..i will.. huhu!!

PerutBesi October 17, 2008 at 11:51 AM  

->[s]itie: Will it be counted if I'm the one who dares u?? "I dare u to eat wasabi!" Hahaha...just try a bit la...mix it with the Japanese soya sauce & dip the sushi with a bit of the sauce...it's actually very yummy! :P

Sitie BUm BUm October 17, 2008 at 12:33 PM  

alamak!! so now..i have to do it! Oh no... gulp!! I'll tell you my experience later.. hehe!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP