>> Tuesday, November 27, 2007
After an extremely long time of not having fun in the kitchen, I made the decision to get my hands dirty this morning. Here's introducing the Tuna Boat! I named it 'Tuna Boat' as the shape resembles a boat & it's loaded with tuna!
It's just a simple breakfast idea. With just less than RM6, you can provide breakfast for 5 people! A budget breakfast it is ;)
All you need is a french loaf a.k.a. baguette, a can of Tomato & Onion Tuna, 1 fresh tomato (chopped), 1 small cucumber (sliced), pepper, & some marjerin or butter for spread...oh, you'll need an oven toaster too!
1. Cut the loaf into 'parts' & slice it into half (like the photo below).
2. Remove some of the 'bread inside' to create space for the filling.
3. Spread some butter or marjerin on the loaf & toast it for a while in the oven.
4. When the loaf is slightly toasted, place a layer of chopped fresh tomatoes into the 'boat', followed by the tuna.
5. Place the 'boat' into the oven to be toasted again.
6. When it's nicely golden-brown/toasted, place some cucumber slices into the 'boat'...it makes the Tuna Boat taste yummier ;)
7. Finally, wrap the Tuna Boat in clear wrap & you're ready to get to work with some wholesome, home-made breakfast! :P
Bon apetit! :lol: