*Note: This site is optimised for Internet Explorer 7 /Firefox 1.5.02 & above.*

SurF tHis SitE RaNdoMly

Yummilicious Fish Head Noodle

>> Saturday, August 4, 2007

Since the first time I found out that there's a reasonably good fish head noodles near my office, I told myself that I had to try it out. When I did, I was awed! Seriously. The taste of the dish 'delivered me'! *lol* Today is my 2nd time there... :D

Hidden at the back of a row of shops facing the main road towards Manulife Towers is this row of humble shops. At one corner lies the secret to a 'tummy-filling-lip-smacking-worth waiting for' fish head noodles!

Parked inside a coffee shop called 'Shangri-la' (yes, a totally classic name! Beside this shop is a cafe called 'Aloha'! Believe it or not??!), this stall has its constant flow of customers. You'll be VERY surprised to see the number of people waiting to get a place in the coffee shop during lunch hour! *faints* Almost every table will have at least one order of the fish head noodles. That coffee shop offers fish head noodles, wan tan mee, pork noodles, pan mee, & mixed/chicken rice.

I give it a 3.75/5.00 rating for this fish head noodles!

Fish paste bee hoon (fish paste no bones...nicer :P but fish head fragrant..just a lot of bones!)
Batai_fishHeadBeeHoon

Batai_fishPasteNoodles

Fish paste 'rough' bee hoon
Batai_fishHeadBeeHoon2

Fish paste kuey teow
Batai_fishPasteKueyTeow

What I like is the soup. It has enough milk, and the best part is that it has fish sauce & some Chinese cooking wine! Yum Yum!!! There's preserved salted vegie strips & tomatoes, aside from the fish & noodles.

If you happen to pass by Jalan Batai, do drop by. It's just within the parking lot at Jalan Batai, Damansara Heights, Kuala Lumpur!

Restoran Shangri-la
Jalan Batai
Damansara Heights
Kuala Lumpur


mapBatai

- Ruth

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP