*Note: This site is optimised for Internet Explorer 7 /Firefox 1.5.02 & above.*

SurF tHis SitE RaNdoMly

Office Lunch

>> Saturday, June 16, 2007

I found out that every first Friday of the month is the company's monthly 'Lunch Get-Together'. During this time of the month, the company will celebrate the birthday babies for that particular month & just simply have lunch together in the Lounge.

Almost everyday, I'll be eating in front of my computer; it's either I pack my lunch from home or pack from the stalls downstairs. Of course nothing beats having lunch with a good company of friends. But more often than not, I'll just eat in front of the computer. Take away the computer & see Miss Wong drown in the pool of agony *lol* :D My only 'friend' is the other intern & she practically drinks her food down...haha...she eats way too fast compared to me. The other friends are usually busy or have lunch appointments with their other friends who work nearby. *shrugs*

Anyways, this time, Perutbesi features Nasi Ulam! I've never eaten this before. At first look, I thought it was nasi kerabu minus the blue coloring on the rice. The look of it made me melt in nostalgia (I wanna head east!! Wanna go back to Kuantan! Away from the stressful city life! Bah) Nasi Ulam is the Malay name for Herb Rice. It's like fried rice, but with fresh, pungent & green smelling herbs, belacan (dried fermented shrimp paste), dried salted fish and dried shrimps. I reckon it originated from the Northern/Eastern Peninsular Malaysia (either Kedah, Perlis, Kelantan, or Terengganu) since it has a very authentic Malay touch. I enjoyed the dish & look forward to have more of it!

Ingredients for nasi ulam:

nasi ulam ingredients

Nasi Ulam:

nasi_ulam

Accompanying the Nasi Ulam are Asam Perut Ikan (sour fish belly dish), stir-fried cauliflower with peas, carrots, & baby corn, fried chicken, otak-otak (yummy!), & there was fried bee hoon too! In addition to the abundance of food, there was also a coffee-cheese cake & a jelly-cake :P

Asam Perut Ikan:

asam perut ikan

Otak-otak:

Otak-otak

If you would want the recipe for the Nasi Ulam, kindly click here to link to the recipe page :) Stay tuned as we continue on the Perutbesi adventure!

- Ruth

photos courtesy of:
  • http://umami.typepad.com,

  • http://eatfirstthinklater.blogspot.com,

  • http://eatingasia.typepad.com

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP