*Note: This site is optimised for Internet Explorer 7 /Firefox 1.5.02 & above.*

SurF tHis SitE RaNdoMly

'Rock climbing'

>> Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Aside from food, the PerutBesi members are also an advanterous bunch in terms of going places. Last Sunday, I felt like getting away for a stress-reliever- I went rock climbing at TC! Madness. Don't ever do this... I did it out of madness, craziness, & sheer determination. Well, I went there alone & I have NO safety gear whatsoever.

The rocks are at the far end of Teluk Cempedak, Kuantan. It's at least 4 storeys high... I dunno how to estimate la, but for me it's high la. It's not those rocks that ppl climb indoors. Those that I climbed are REAL rocks.

Here are some pics that I took during my stress-relieving trip:

The formation of clouds were really pretty,and the colours of the sky & sea blended in harmony with each other... at that time, it was around 6.30 p.m.

TC_sea

The sight of these few friends sitting together brought warmth to my heart & gave me the urge to shoot a photo of them. The lady in pink wore a shirt which says "Locals only". Fascinating.

TC_ppl

These are the rocks at one end of TC, where I decided to climb (not in this picture). Madness, yes, but a total challenge worth taking up.

TC_rocks

The tall, middle rock hidden behind the trees & bushes was the one that I climbed up. Stress makes one do crazy things. The climb took about 15 min as there was no specific pathway (it's not intended for climbing). Rocks were everywhere, & so were soil, dry leaves, plants, roots, and eeky stuff!

TC_midrock

This is the magnificent view from the top of the highest rock! The wind was blowing VERY strongly, & the sound of crashing waves, rustling leaves, and the sight of the eagle soaring majestically knocks you off your socks! -taken around 7.15 p.m.

TC_viewfromabove

TC_viewfromabove2

TC_viewfromabove3

There's one thing that you'll want to avoid when you climb that rock- leaves of a palm tree. There are thorns on the leaves of the tree, and it really hurts when the thorns get into your flesh as you climb up or get down.

TC_palmthorn

By the time I got down to the shore, it was almost 7.30 p.m... or nearing 8 p.m. The last thing that caught my eyes was this:

TC_candlelight_bybeach

I hope this post gave you a different view of TC, which we know so well of ;) Enjoy the beach while you have it! Cheers!

- Ruth

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP