*Note: This site is optimised for Internet Explorer 7 /Firefox 1.5.02 & above.*

SurF tHis SitE RaNdoMly

Alzheimer's Disease

>> Friday, March 2, 2007

Alzheimer’s (AHLZ-high-merz) disease is a progressive brain disorder that gradually destroys a person's memory and ability to learn, reason, make judgments, communicate and carry out daily activities. As Alzheimer’s progresses, individuals may also experience changes in personality and behavior, such as anxiety, suspiciousness or agitation, as well as delusions or hallucinations.

Although there is currently no cure, for Alzheimer’s, new treatments are on the horizon as a result of accelerating insight into the biology of the disease. Research has also shown that effective care and support can improve quality of life for individuals and their caregivers over the course of the disease from diagnosis to the end of life.

Alzheimer’s is the most common form of dementia, a group of conditions that all gradually destroy brain cells and lead to progressive decline in mental function. Vascular dementia, another common form, results from reduced blood flow to the brain’s nerve cells. In some cases, Alzheimer’s disease and vascular dementia can occur together in a condition called "mixed dementia."

Taken from: http://www.alz.org/alzheimers_disease_what_is_alzheimers.asp


I think I am suffering from some pre-Alzheimer’s disease; Anne commented that my disease is contagious, as she also could not remember things as well as before. Perhaps you can call it part of aging. But good grief sake, we are only 22 plus!

I keep telling Anne & Q that I find my brain cells degenerating faster than I realize it does. Possibly, my brain cells decided to quit their job i.e. resign from serving my body! Pity my poor brain. I attribute it to the load of work that I have to do & the endless decisions that I have to make each day. If there aren’t decisions to make, you’re either dead, or your synaptic nerves have given up on serving you!! Boy, I'm ALIVE! *pouts*

We had a lot of ideas that we would want to post onto this site, but seems like every time ideas pop out, we don't write them down, & end up questioning each other what the ideas were, just to find out that all of us could not recall even the slightest bit of its content *sigh* What could help improve our memory? Ginko biloba, perhaps...?

- Ruth

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP